Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm Colleen, and I'm the NCBLA's new intern!

I write, take pictures, and play the piano...and I've recently started helping Mary Brigid Barrett manage the NCBLA blog. She suggested I introduce myself, so here I am! I'm a senior in high school and I spend a lot of my time working on the school literary magazine; my friend Bella and I are editors-in-chief. In college I hope to major in English with a minor or concentration in Creative Writing or Education. (This internship is perfect--books and education are two of my favorite things.) So what else? My favorite book is East of Eden by John Steinbeck; my favorite poets are Howard Nemerov, Billy Collins, Hayden Carruth, and Robert Frost. The American Girl series first got me into reading when I was a young lass of six, and one of my favorite books in elementary school was Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time. I also continue to enjoy the Harry Potter series. I still love to read to my cousins and the children I babysit.

No comments: