Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Favorites from Gregory Maguire and Lou Laste

Two NCBLA Board Members tell us about their favorite books. Read on:

Gregory Maguire writes,

At this time of year I return to the Hans Christian Andersen stories. The famous holiday ones--The Fir Tree and The Little Match Girl--are nicely augmented by the more secular tales. My favorite edition is Hans Christian Andersen: Stories and Fairy Tales, selected, translated, and illustrated (beautifully!) by Erik Blegvad Heinemann.

Maguire is the author of Wicked and several books for children. For more information, see his NCBLA bio or visit his website.

Lou Laste says his favorite holiday book is...

The Polar Express, because it brings a tear to my eye every time I read it and it will always make me think of my son and how his big brown eyes would stare at the pages as he sat in my lap.
Laste is Director of Communications & Marketing for The Verizon Foundation, and he has worked for many community and educational organizations. For more information, see his NCBLA bio.

No comments: