The Exquisite Prompt:
Write It, Film It Video Contest
'Central casting' at Adlit.org and Reading Rockets is looking for young, creative writers and filmmakers to participate in their Exquisite Prompt "Write It, Film It" Video Contest. Here's your chance to help the young people in your lives flex their scriptwriting and film director muscles!
Choose from a List of Seven prompts inspired by the authors of The Exquisite Corpse Adventure.
* Jon Scieszka (Time Warp Trio)
* Katherine Paterson (Bridge to Terabithia)
* Kate DiCamillo (Because of Winn-Dixie, The Tale of Despereaux)
* Natalie Babbitt (Tuck Everlasting, The Eyes of the Amaryllis)
* Susan Cooper (The Dark Is Rising)
* Steven Kellogg (Chicken Little)
* Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events)
Encourage your young people to start researching and writing.
Film It!Keep it simple, keep it interesting. Maximum length: 3 minutes. Titles, musical interludes, and 'special effects' are cool but not required.
Three Levels of Competition!
The contest has three competition levels:
* Level I: ages 7-10
* Level II: ages 11-13
* Level III: ages 14-18
Entries will be judged on creativity, theme development, and technical quality. And if appropriate to the prompt, entries will also be judged on character development and research and factual accuracy. Entries from each level are eligible for a Gold Award, Silver Award, or Bronze Award.
* Winners from each competition level will have their video published on Reading Rockets, AdLit.org, and YouTube.
* Gold Award winners will receive a Flip HD video camera, a collection of books and DVDs, and movie tickets.
* Silver Award and Bronze Award winners will receive books, DVDs, and movie tickets
Entry deadline is August 13, 2010. Winners will be announced on September 7, 2010. The contest is open to kids 7-18 who are residents of the United States. Visit ReadingRockets.org to learn more!
And keep reading The Exquisite Corpse Adventure on Read.gov. A new episode is published every two weeks throughout the summer...until the grande finale is revealed on September 25 at the National Book Festival!